Tag Archives: toxins
Your liver is like the maid of your body, cleaning up all the toxins you put into it, and therefore keeping all internal systems running smoothly. The modern diet, environmental pollutants, and our increasing dependence on toxic personal care products have put our livers on serious overtime.
For this reason, it’s important to know how to clean your liver thoroughly and effectively – oh, and naturally.
1. Warm Lemon Water – Warm lemon water is a great way to detox your liver every single morning. This isn’t lemonade, so don’t add sugar or anything else. Just purified water and a healthy dose of fresh lemon juice. Some experts, like author A.F. Beddoe who wrote the book Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition, also believe that the liver produces more enzymes in response to water with lemon than to any other food. Vitamin C helps to produce glutathione, which is necessary to cleanse toxins from the liver. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant, which reduces free radical toxicity within the body. It’s found in fresh fruits and vegetables and is great at boosting the immune system and staving off colds and the flu.
2. Garlic – Add some garlic to your cooking or thinly slice a clove into your next salad. Garlic contains sulfur compounds that can help activate enzymes in the liver. It contains allicin and selenium, which are both good for liver protection.
3. Green Tea Cleanse and protect the liver. Green tea, and hot water with lemon can help to stimulate liver cleansing. Herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle are also safe and effective against protecting the liver. Drink 1-2 cups of tea a day and a lot of water after that. Liver Cleanse Tea flushes and clears the liver of congestion and toxins, restoring the organ to full function.
4. Avocados – As if you need another reason to add avocados to your diet, a Japanese study found that avocados contain compounds that can protect the liver from damage. When compared with 21 other fruits, avocados had the most promise in protecting the liver from galactosamine, a “powerful” toxin that has been shown to produce a liver damage much like human viral hepatitis.
5. Cilantro – This versatile herb can be added to just about any dish, including salads or smoothies. This herb can help remove heavy metals from the body, something your liver could be struggling with right now.
6. Turmeric – Another powerful spice with a long list of benefits, turmeric is said to not only protect the liver from damage, but also encourage regeneration of liver cells. In addition, it increases natural bile production and aids in keeping the body toxin-free.
7. Drink at least 2 quarts of water daily. Our body is 70% water and needs to stay hydrated frequently. Water naturally flushes the body of chemicals, toxins, and impurities through urination, expiration, and sweating. Dehydration compromises the body’s ability to filter toxins.
8.Breathe deep; fill your lungs with air. Deep breathing is an excellent way to relax or relief stress. Breathing deeply circulates oxygen throughout the body, which encourages detoxification through the skin, expiration, lymph, blood, kidneys, liver, etc.
9.Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions. Stress causes the body to release hormones that increase the toxin levels in the body and leaving the body depleted of essential nutrients, and unable to protect against diseases and infections. Therefore by eliminating stress or transforming stress into positive emotions or a positive outcome you can naturally flush out your system of toxic hormones and chemicals.
10.Hot-Cold Shower.Begin this detoxifying process with a hot shower for about 3 minutes. Switch to cold water for 30 seconds. Switch between hot and cold water several times. This encourages detoxification by stimulating blood circulation throughout the body.
The lemonade cleansing diet has been around for many years, is called by many different names and has helped thousands of people lose weight and get rid of many of the toxins in their body. This cleanse is a simple mixture of lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water. Going on this diet plan for the full ten day duration will take a high level of discipline and commitment.
The diet is called by many different names such as the maple syrup diet the cayenne pepper diet and of course the lemonade diet. It’s also called the master cleanse. You can lose up to twenty pounds of weight during the ten day cleanse. A lot of the weight loss will be in the form of water weight, though you will lose excess body fat too. Some of the water weight may be gained back after you go off the cleanse, but it’s a great way to jump start your weight loss and dieting plan.
You will also detoxify your body which is enormously important to your overall health and welfare. We may not realize it but we ingest a lot of different chemicals throughout our lives. Many of these chemicals are fine by themselves or in small doses but when they are combined with other chemicals and/ or they accumulate, serious medical issues can arise.
Cleansing is a great way to get rid of that buildup of toxins. Most healthy people can cleanse up to once a month with their doctors ok. Of course, you should always talk to your doctor and make sure that it’s ok for you to do this or any other diet and cleanse. I’m not a doctor and can’t give out medical advice so make sure to talk to someone who can. This is really important if you have underlying medical problems.
To increase your likelihood of succeeding when you do the diet and cleanse take some time to prepare yourself prior to starting. Your preparations can be as simple as just eating a little bit less right before the cleanse and getting your head around the idea of going on a strictly liquid diet for ten days.
If you’ve ever had a colonoscopy and you’ve had to have a strictly liquid diet for the whole day before the procedure, you know how hard it can be to do this. We’re simply not used to only ingesting liquids and that is why so many people will fail when they try. By getting ‘your head in the game’ prior to starting you will greatly increase your chances of making it through the whole cleanse successfully.
If you’re serious about leading a healthier life and you’ve decided that the first step is to start losing weight and detoxifying your body than the lemonade cleansing diet might be just the ticket for you. Just make sure to ask your doctor if you can do it and then commit yourself fully for the best shot at success.