You want to have flat abs? Then check-out these stand-up exercises for flat abs. These 6 exercises when done and combined with a good amount of sleep and adequate nutrition, will help to build muscles, promote muscle endurance and improve your balance. More »
“The best diet is the one you don’t know you’re on.” Sage advice from Brian Wansink, Director of the Food and Brand Lab at Cornell University and author of Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think. Eating healthy doesn’t mean you must forsake all indulgences and subsist solely on oatmeal and salads. Instead, what if you just made a few small changes to your eating routine that could lead to gradual, sustainable results? More »
Tag Archives: lose weight
Lose weight: The fiber in green smoothies keeps you fuller longer. Leafy greens help stabilize blood sugars and reduce cravings. Green smoothies are low in calories, too (as long as you leave out healthy fats such as nut butter, avocado, and coconut oil).
Gain energy: Such a high nutrient dense drink is bound to get you feeling energized.
Clear skin: A diet high in fresh fruit and greens cleans your body and detoxifies your skin naturally. The antioxidants in green smoothies are fantastic for promoting anti-aging effects and flawless skin.
Reduce cholesterol and cardiovascular risk: Studies show that a high-fiber, plant-based diet is excellent for improving heart health, controlling blood pressure, and lowering cholesterol.
Minimize arthritic pain: Chlorophyll in leafy greens helps in repairing joints, and the alkalizing effect of green smoothies lowers pain associated with arthritis.
Relieve acid reflux: The combination of fruits and greens in a green smoothie provides fantastic relief from and prevention of heartburn.
Strengthen immune system: Drinking a green smoothie daily not only boosts your immune system but also helps reduce future risk for degenerative diseases.
If you need to lose weight, there are many ways to help the process along. Use these top tips to help you lose a dress size quickly and easily – even if you’re a busy working woman. Take the time to make small changes each day. You’ll be amazed at how quickly they all add up.
Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Drink Your Water: 6-8 glasses of water a day helps flush fat, sodium, and other toxins from the body. If water’s not your style, try adding one of the new low calorie drink mixes for taste. Keep your body hydrated for optimum weight loss,
2. Eat Breakfast: People who eat healthy breakfasts eat less food throughout the day. Eat breakfast each day to jumpstart your weight loss. If you’re rushed, try a smoothie or shake for a healthy on the go meal.
3. Eat Your Veggies: For meals and snacks, add extra fruits and veggies. These nutritional powerhouses help you feel full, without adding extra fat and calories. Try replacing one meal a day with a salad to boost nutrition and lower your calorie intake – but avoid creamy dressings that pack on the calories.
4. Choose Healthy Snacks: Choose a healthy snack every few hours to help keep you from overeating at mealtimes. Try fruit and cheese, peanut butter crackers, or a handful of almonds. Try to choose snacks with protein – they’ll have more staying power.
5. Avoid Liquid Calories: You may be consuming more calories than you realize by loading up on soda, juice, or alcoholic beverages. Cut them from diet to lose that dress size quickly!
6. Aerobics Help: The best way to lose fat is by burning it through aerobic exercise. Add in 30 minutes of aerobic exercise per day (walking counts!) to lose weight.
7. Pack in Protein: Add protein to your meals and snacks to help you feel full longer. Protein provides energy for the long haul, so add peanut butter, low fat cheese, or lean meat to your meals to keep you feeling satisfied.
Making small changes on a daily basis can lead to consistent weight loss. These tips will jumpstart the diet process, and get you started on your journey to a healthier body and life. Remember, weight loss is a process. Begin making changes in your habits today, and you’ll have lost that dress size in no time!
This article is for informational purposes only. It is not medical advice, nor should it be interpreted or substituted as medical advice. Prior to making changes to your physical exercise routine and your diet, you should always consult your personal physician. Better safe than sorry.