Many of us have very busy lives, even though we know we need to lose weight, and we are willing to do the work, we still only have limited time. For that reason you need to focus on the best [Continue Reading]
You want to have flat abs? Then check-out these stand-up exercises for flat abs. These 6 exercises when done and combined with a good amount of sleep and adequate nutrition, will help to build muscles, promote muscle endurance and improve your balance. More »
“The best diet is the one you don’t know you’re on.” Sage advice from Brian Wansink, Director of the Food and Brand Lab at Cornell University and author of Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think. Eating healthy doesn’t mean you must forsake all indulgences and subsist solely on oatmeal and salads. Instead, what if you just made a few small changes to your eating routine that could lead to gradual, sustainable results? More »
Tag Archives: Cleanse Your Liver
Your liver is like the maid of your body, cleaning up all the toxins you put into it, and therefore keeping all internal systems running smoothly. The modern diet, environmental pollutants, and our increasing dependence on toxic personal care products have put our livers on serious overtime.
For this reason, it’s important to know how to clean your liver thoroughly and effectively – oh, and naturally.
1. Warm Lemon Water – Warm lemon water is a great way to detox your liver every single morning. This isn’t lemonade, so don’t add sugar or anything else. Just purified water and a healthy dose of fresh lemon juice. Some experts, like author A.F. Beddoe who wrote the book Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition, also believe that the liver produces more enzymes in response to water with lemon than to any other food. Vitamin C helps to produce glutathione, which is necessary to cleanse toxins from the liver. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant, which reduces free radical toxicity within the body. It’s found in fresh fruits and vegetables and is great at boosting the immune system and staving off colds and the flu.
2. Garlic – Add some garlic to your cooking or thinly slice a clove into your next salad. Garlic contains sulfur compounds that can help activate enzymes in the liver. It contains allicin and selenium, which are both good for liver protection.
3. Green Tea Cleanse and protect the liver. Green tea, and hot water with lemon can help to stimulate liver cleansing. Herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle are also safe and effective against protecting the liver. Drink 1-2 cups of tea a day and a lot of water after that. Liver Cleanse Tea flushes and clears the liver of congestion and toxins, restoring the organ to full function.
4. Avocados – As if you need another reason to add avocados to your diet, a Japanese study found that avocados contain compounds that can protect the liver from damage. When compared with 21 other fruits, avocados had the most promise in protecting the liver from galactosamine, a “powerful” toxin that has been shown to produce a liver damage much like human viral hepatitis.
5. Cilantro – This versatile herb can be added to just about any dish, including salads or smoothies. This herb can help remove heavy metals from the body, something your liver could be struggling with right now.
6. Turmeric – Another powerful spice with a long list of benefits, turmeric is said to not only protect the liver from damage, but also encourage regeneration of liver cells. In addition, it increases natural bile production and aids in keeping the body toxin-free.
7. Drink at least 2 quarts of water daily. Our body is 70% water and needs to stay hydrated frequently. Water naturally flushes the body of chemicals, toxins, and impurities through urination, expiration, and sweating. Dehydration compromises the body’s ability to filter toxins.
8.Breathe deep; fill your lungs with air. Deep breathing is an excellent way to relax or relief stress. Breathing deeply circulates oxygen throughout the body, which encourages detoxification through the skin, expiration, lymph, blood, kidneys, liver, etc.
9.Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions. Stress causes the body to release hormones that increase the toxin levels in the body and leaving the body depleted of essential nutrients, and unable to protect against diseases and infections. Therefore by eliminating stress or transforming stress into positive emotions or a positive outcome you can naturally flush out your system of toxic hormones and chemicals.
10.Hot-Cold Shower.Begin this detoxifying process with a hot shower for about 3 minutes. Switch to cold water for 30 seconds. Switch between hot and cold water several times. This encourages detoxification by stimulating blood circulation throughout the body.